Easy DIY Hand Sanitizer!
Hand sanitizer has become a routine part of most of our lives now, for better or for worse.
Keep in mind, hand washing is an important part of hygiene as well and is actually more effective at killing some types of viruses and bacteria, so when possible, wash your hands with hot water and soap for at least 30 seconds when able and rely on hand sanitizer when you can't hand wash.
Also, don't forget to moisturize after washing or sanitizing as keeping an intact skin barrier is an important part of immune system health and function too!
If you want to know exactly what is in your hand sanitizer, here is an easy "recipe" to make your own highly-effective hand sanitizer at-home.
- 8 ounce bottle
- Spray Top/Pump Top
- 1 bottle 99% isopropyl alcohol
- 1 bottle colloidal silver (250 ppm - 1000 ppm)
- Tea tree, lavender, oregano, lemongrass, eucalyptus, peppermint, orange essential oils (pick 2)
** Be sure to avoid any ingredients you have a known or suspected allergy or sensitivity to. Always being with a spot test (aka use on a small area and if you notice redness, flaking, pain, skin irritation or any other symptoms, do not use again)!
How to make and use:
- Combine 4 ounces 99% isopropyl alcohol and 4 ounces colloidal silver into your bottle, add 10-15 drops of your two essential oils.
- Shake before each use!
- Pump/spray onto hands, rub in well and let dry for 30 seconds before touching anything!
- You can also add in 1 ounce of aloe vera gel for a thicker consistency (just reduce the 99% isopropyl alcohol to 3-3.5 ounces and colloidal silver to 3-3.5 ounces).
*DISCLAIMER: This document is not intended to treat or diagnose disease. Before implementing any new treatment protocols be sure to consult with a licensed physician. The author has nothing to disclose in regards to supplements or products mentioned within this document and the author does not receive any monetary or other incentive to mention the recommended supplements or products.